Assia’s Kaleidoscope is one of my favorite blogs, and one of the first I started following when I entered the blogosphere back in March. This gal makes beautiful baked goods, scrumptious-looking savory dishes, and the prettiest Easter eggs I’ve ever seen. Not only that, but her photos are simply gorgeous. Visit her blog and I guarantee you’ll be impressed. It’s the kind of blog I hope this one might become, one day when I’m better at both cooking and photography.
So, I’m both honored and flattered that Assia nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger Award!
It’s surely not deserved, but I’ll accept it humbly and say thanks to Assia.
Now, there are three parts of accepting this award: thanking and linking to the nominating blogger (done), sharing seven interesting things about myself, and nominating seven more blogs for the award. So, here goes!
Seven things about me:
- I’ve been to Europe and South America, but never to the west coast.
- I have two cats. Both fluffy. One ginormous ginger named Cheesepuff, and one tiny tabby named Magellan.
- Micah and I got married at one of our favorite restaurants in Athens, Farm 255.
- We plan our vacations around where we want to eat.
- I can’t ride a bicycle. Seriously. (I own one, though, and Micah keeps saying he’ll teach me!)
- My mom is an undefeated (6-0) amateur kickboxer.
- I’m kind of a slob, a terrible driver, and habitually late for most things (but have lately been improving on all fronts).
Seven blogs I’d like to nominate:
- Sauce Boss - a self-proclaimed “Culinary Dark Genius”–need I say more? (an amazing pastry cream recipe, too!)
- Boozed + Infused - infusing booze with carrots? oatmeal? mushrooms? fascinating!
- Memoirs of an Amateur Chef - lots of great recipes, and she grows her own mushrooms! (could they go in Boozed + Infused’s vodka…?)
- Throve - makes beautiful juices, and shares my love of fruits, veggies, global flavors, and kitty cats
- Life, in recipes - read the latest post, The Return of the Prodigal Blogger, and you’ll love her, too
- Growandcook - someone who shares my taste in food and my sense of humor
- The Ranting Chef - great recipes, fun guest posts, and product reviews
I was planning to end this post here, but then…
I feel honored and flattered to be getting all this attention. I hope I can live up to the hype. Thank you, Throve, for so kindly thinking of me!
For this award, my job is to thank and link to the nominating blogger (yep), list seven random facts about myself, list seven of my posts in the seven different categories (see below), and nominate seven more bloggers. So, let the lists of seven items continue!
Seven (more) random facts about me:
- I used to have a bad clothes shopping habit. Now, I have a bad borrowing-too-many-books-from-the-public-library-at-once-and-not-having-time-to-read-them-all habit. (And I haven’t bought a single brand new clothing item since December, unless you count bridesmaid dresses.)
- I do not have, and have never had, any wisdom teeth. Does this make me a freak of nature or more highly evolved…?
- I can wiggle my pinkie toe independently of my other toes. A guy in high school called me an ape for this.
- Foods I dislike: mayonnaise, raw onions, raw mushrooms, coleslaw (unless it’s made with vinegar instead of mayo)
- Foods I love: chocolate hazelnut spread, cheese, good pizza, more cheese, handmade pasta, and cheese
- I like board games, but I really, really suck at video games.
- I once baked a pie on Georgia Public Television.
Seven posts in seven different categories:
- Most beautiful – bacon, mushrooms, and asparagus (with an egg)
- Most surprisingly successful – a series of unfortunate events (long night, long post…)
- Most controversial – I got a lot of flack from my flesh-and-blood friends and family about the not too offal post
- Most pride-worthy - an Ethiopian feast!
- Most underrated – the beef stew we made the other night – so yummy, but not very popular with the clickers…
- Most helpful - my first whole wheat oatmeal muffins post–you can put anything in these and they’ll be good!
- Most popular – it’s a tie between Paula Deen married Alton Brown and they made a meatloaf baby and not my Mammaw’s pimiento cheese
Seven more nominations:
- Frozen Moments – amazing recipes, plus breathtaking photos of Alaska!
- The Postmodern Housepartner – someone who shares my love of avocados, asparagus, and deviled eggs
- Going Dutch - visit for gorgeous tulips, an adorable little girl, and some great recipes
- domestic diva, M.D. – funny stories plus good, simple, yummy recipes (and Fiesta dishes like mine)
- glutenvygirl – great recipes whether you’re gluten free or not!
- Kitty’s Dolceforno – some delicious baking going on here….
- feed the piglet… – so many cool burgers and fritters, both meaty and meat-free
And now, for a taste of things to come….
…my best friend is getting married in 8 days!
Jessica and I have been friends since 5th grade (it’ll be 21 years in August), she was maid of honor at my wedding, and now I’m matron of honor in hers. We’re looking forward to traveling to a cabin in the mountains for a small, intimate ceremony on the 28th, but before that….her bridal shower is Saturday (tomorrow!), and since I love this gal so much, I’ve been cooking up all sorts of Southern delicacies for her and her guests. What tasty morsels are in store? Stay tuned for a full report this weekend.
Congrats to Jessica and Brent!